Santorini.....heaven on earth. Basically, this is all I did for five days:
- Sleep in.
- Sit by the pool.
- Lunch and a cocktail.
- Sit by the beach.
- Dinner and a cocktail.
Before you look at these photos, I'd just like you to know that IT'S OFFICIAL, I do not tan. So you can all stop teasing me about being pasty, if three weeks in the European sun can't change that, then nothing can (excluding Dove Summer Glow). This is also why I didn't title this blog "Bronzed to Perfection".
We stayed at a really cool place on Perissa Beach, which is a tourist area to the max, but super fun. Basically, its just a strip of restaurants and clubs along the beach. Perfect.
The best part about the beach was that you could get served from the comfort of your deckchair from many of the restaurants. Club sandwiches and cocktails all the way baby.


You could also get delicious cocktails for 3 euros from town. Why did I ever leave?
The next best part was the food. Cheap gyros, squid, lamb, feta, tatziki, olives, and HALOUMI! Served in a slab the size of a piece of bread. I mentioned Santorini was heaven, right? 
We made a few friends in Santorini. First was Artie, an Albanian waiter, who introduced us to Kirstie from Australia. Kirstie was on her honeymoon Sex and the City style, and had started up a little relationship with Artie (and by "little" I meant she had moved into his apartment from her hotel on the third day). Classic.
Secondly, I randomly met a boy at the hotel who was from Wollongong Uni. Even weirder, he was also en route to studying at Exeter! Small, small world.
Finally, and most importantly, were Jenny and Jess, two English girls we befriended on the one day we actually did something productive (boat tour, next post). We shared a silly night out with them, which culminated in screaming out for Gaga...a worrying recurring theme.


This night out was much more succesful then our first attempt, where we wandered sober into a bar, not realising it contained a disgustingly drunk girl who tried to pash Amy, and mental Greek bartenders who were dancing on the bar, pouring their drinks on each other, and trying to get us to do the same. We feared for our lives...and rightly so, we were later informed that the bartenders were notorious for getting girls drunk and...well, you know the rest.


On to something a bit more pleasant, we did manage to pry ourselves out of our deckchairs to spend half a day in Thira.


Lastly (for now) there were artistic donkey statutes strategicly placed all around Santorini. All up I spotted eight but I'm positive there were many more lurking around.


The end. Part two covering the volcano, hot springs and Oia tour coming next.
x
Karen.
No comments:
Post a Comment